We will create a bucket using the GCP console, launch AI Platform Notebooks and clone a GitHub repository within that AI Platform instance.
Create a bucket using the GCP console
In your GCP Console, click on the Navigation menu (), and select Storage.
2. Click on Create bucket.
3. Choose a Regional bucket and set a unique name (use your project ID because it is unique). Then, click Create.
Launch AI Platform Notebooks
To launch AI Platform Notebooks:
- Click on the Navigation Menu. Navigate to AI Platform, then to Notebooks.
2. On the Notebook instances page, click
And select the version of TensorFlow you want. I have used Tensorflow
2.x without GPUs.
3. In the pop-up, added the instance Name, Region and Zone and then pressed “Create”. It took around 2 minutes to start.
4. Click Open JupyterLab. A JupyterLab window will open in a new tab.
Clone repo within your AI Platform Notebooks instance
To clone the
training-data-analyst notebook in your JupyterLab instance:
- In JupyterLab, click the Terminal icon to open a new terminal.
2. At the command-line prompt, type the following command and press Enter.
git clone https://github.com/goncaloperes/training-data-analyst.git
And that’s it! Now, feel free to explore its content.